Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015

This week was all good. It was a bit rough, but I made it through. One of our sisters got appendicitis and was rushed to the ER on Tuesday. So the past few days, President called and asked us to go on exchanges with them so that the companion who isn't sick can get out of the apartment and do missionary work while the other sister can heal up. I feel so bad for those sisters, but they're hanging in there. We've gone on two exchanges so far, and I've gone with each of the sisters now. Last night, I stayed home with the sister who is recovering, and it was such a spiritual experience. I decided to help tidy up their apartment to take away from their list of things to do so they wouldn't be so stressed this week. Serving others truly is one of the fastest ways to feel God's love and approval. I also had plenty of time to talk with the sister. Her name is Sis Stewart. I sat on a chair next to the couch where she was laying, and we had a great discussion about everything- our missions, families, lives, and so on. One thing that I've learned on my mission is that with every trial, there are so many more blessings that lie under the surface of what we can see at first glance. I asked Sister Stewart what blessings she's seen from this bump in the road and we had a great conversation. Just talking about it out loud helped both of us to see how God has worked this past week. One of the blessings being that there are a few of sister companionships (my companionship included) that have benefited from the exchanges because they've been struggling with their companions. Sister Stewart has been allowed to talk on the phone to her mom every day since her surgery. The Stewart family as well as our mission has been even more united in prayer. There were more personal blessings as well. God is so good. As I was talking to Sis Stewart, I learned that she hasn't been able to focus during her personal studies because her medications make it hard for her to read. During my personal studies that morning, I had a prompting to read the Book of Mormon to her. I wanted to cry the entire time- the spirit was so strong. Last I heard, Sister Stewart has a follow up appointment today that will determine whether or not she is cleared to work this week. Keep her in your prayers!!!

Oh, so Thursday we had the biggest snow of the year. We had about two to three feet of snow.... I'll send pictures.

We were dropped by an investigator couple that we found in the snow a few weeks ago. It was a sad lesson. They had gotten into anti material and just wanted to pick a fight. Sis Savage kept pulling up scriptures to answer their questions, but before she could share them I spoke up and said, "Hey, nothing we say is going to change your minds. Everything really just comes down to you reading and praying about the Book of Mormon." I've met so many people out here that have gotten into anti mormon material, and I know from experience that nothing I say in defense will help the situation. We did our very best to testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, but they weren't having it. It makes me so sad that the very thing that will enlighten their understanding and help them to come to the knowledge of the truth is just blown off so lightly. I wish everyone would open their hearts enough to give the Book of Mormon a chance. It is my all time favorite book because it has been a cause of so much change in my life for the better. I want everyone to love it!

Things seem to be warming up over here. Thank goodness! I love the snow adventures, but I'm also excited for warmth :)

How was your Book of Mormon reading this week?? :)

I love you all so much!
Love, SIster Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment