Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March 16, 2015

What a roller coaster. It all started on Thursday. Every three months, we all have a 15 minute interview with president Riggs. Sis Savage and I had our interview Thursday morning. I went first. The interview started of pretty normal- President asked me how I was doing and what my plans were for after my mission. He said that I had really great plans, just in case you were wondering. WOO! haha. Anyways. Then he paused and asked, "Sister Anderson, what has been on your mind today?" I said that there wasn't much and that I didn't want to complain. Which is true, I didn't want to be a Debby downer because honestly, I was doing just fine. Plus, Sister Savage and I were getting along great that morning! But he told me that he is the one that I'm allowed to complain to....so I told him that I struggle with Sister Savage. I gave him a few more details of how I was feeling. He listened intently and let me finish. He thought for a minute before suddenly saying, "I think I'm going to emergency transfer you. I was going to wait to the end of the transfer to take sisters out of Ashburn ward and put Elders in, but I really feel like I need to do that sooner."  .................. :O wut. That came out of nowhere. I was stunned. I just barely started to love the Ashburn ward, and all of the missionaries that I was serving around were all my best friends! But at the same time, it felt right. President said he'd pray about it later that night and give us a call to tell us where we'd go.
 
MAN. I went home and cried. I was happy to be getting a new companion that wouldn't be upset at me for being my happy self, but I knew that I was in Ashburn for a reason. I had to take it up with God. Big time. By the end of the prayer, I knew that I was needed to leave. I remembered the feeling that I had when I first got to Ashburn. Before I unpacked my bags when I first got there, I had a thought that I wouldn't be finishing my mission there. I forgot about that thought when transfers came around and I was still companions with Sister Savage. So funny how God works.
We got the call Thursday night after our nightly planning. I was going to Manassas 2nd ward to be with Sister Liu, and Sister Savage was going to Gainesville. (both wards are right next to haymarket I might add. I love haymarket!!) We called our sisters that we have stewardship over to tell them that we were being ET'ed and that we loved them. Then we called our district leader. He's training right now and is struggling with it...he was devastated to hear that we were leaving. He said that we keep him sane in our district! haha....it might be because we are the only sisters in the Ashburn zone... but those phone calls were really hard. We spent all day Friday packing and Saturdyay morning we loaded up are car and met at the mission office. There were about 20 missionaries there who were also affected by the ET. Everyone seemed to be switched around.... I felt really bad- it felt like it was my fault that this happened. Like if I hadn't told president, this wouldn't be happening and everyone would be able to go about their lives.
 
It wasn't until Sister Liu and I went back into our area and had our first appointment with a new investigator that I realized that I was transferred here for a specific purpose. Sister Liu said that we had a lesson with a girl named Allie, who had just moved into the ward boundaries the day before. We walk into the apartment (her fiancé answered the door) and walk around the corner, and GUESS WHO IS SITTING ON THE FLOOR IN THE BACK ROOM. it was my investigator from the Haymarket ward- Ashleigh Fisher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She told Sister Liu to say that her name was Allie so that I would be surprised when I walked in. And boy was I surprised! I was so happy and could NOT stop laughing. I was on the verge of tears the entire time. I didn't think I'd see Ashleigh again before I left, and I remember that on my very last day in Haymarket, she was so depressed and was really struggling. It was such a huge tender mercy that Ashleigh is my investigator again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 God is so good. I know that she is a big reason why I was sent to the Manassas 2nd ward. Oh man. She came to church with her fiancé (oh yeah, in the last four and a half months she got engaged) and we're going to see her again on Tuesday.
 
Another reason I'm here in the Manassas 2 ward is to visit a less active/part member family that I visited when I was in the Centreville 2 ward. They just moved here too! We stopped by their house the other night and they said we could come back. It's soooooo cool to find out WHY God put me here. I know Sister Liu and I will see tons of miracles together in the last two and a half weeks I have here.
 
Also, I was looking at the wall of missionary plaques of the missionaries serving from the Manassas ward, and I know three people from BYU. I talked to their families. One of the guys was my FHE brother! Small world! haha.
 
It's been an emotional roller coaster, and I know it's not going to stop here. I'm excited to come home, but I'm actually really sad at the same time. I love being a missionary. I love what I do every day. I love the people I serve and serve with. It's going to be really hard to leave, but I know that there is a time and a place for everything. Sister Liu has really helped me already- she sent a sister home a couple of transfers ago, so she gave me a few tips to help me that she saw work before.
 
Sister Liu is awesome. She's so goofy and cute and Asian! She's 22 and is from Taiwan. She has one younger brother, and I think she said that her family is less active. It's so cool that she's here on a mission. She's so fun to talk to and we have a lot of fun together. Since I'm so emotional right now, I'm either laughing or crying...and I definitely always choose the laughing option, so I hope I don't drive her crazy. haha. I was teasing her the other day and said that she must be grateful that she only has three weeks with me! ;) haha. We'll have a great time together, I just know it!
 
I can't wait to see you guys! It's so weird that I'll be home so soon. I don't really care what we do when I get home, just so long as I get to hang out with the family. I just love and miss you guys so much and I just want to be with you!!!!!!!!
 
I love you so much!! See you soon!
Sister Anderson


Ashburn District Pictures Before Transfers






Sister Liu and Sister Anderson
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment