Thursday, April 2, 2015

March 30, 2015 - Last Email from Washington DC -

This is Julie's last email from her LDS mission in Washington DC.  I hope that whomever has taken time to read some of her blogs has enjoyed reading some of her experiences and has been uplifted in some way.   



I can't believe this is the last week of my mission.
 
This past week has been fun. There's a sister who went home three weeks ago because of surgery that just got back on Saturday. And she's our newest companion! Yep, I got another companion! Her name is Sister Gerber and she's crazy and has red hair! So we get along very well. :) She's from Pleasant Grove, UT. It's been so much fun being in a trio companionship! I've always wanted to be in a trio! Every night is basically a slumber party!
 
Oh hey- the other day I came down with a really bad cold! I have a pretty bad cough and I'm extra tired all the time. I really hope I get better in time for me to come home!
 
I don't have much to say, but I guess I'll end this email with my testimony.
 
I know that God loves me and knows my name. He is aware of me and hears my prayers. Because He loves me, he chastens me because He knows who I can become if I am willing to change. He wants me to come home to Him so He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to atone for the sins of the world. I know that Jesus Christ overcame both spiritual and physical death so that we can be with our families forever. I know that Jesus Christ was the only one who could atone for us because His sacrifice was infinite and eternal. He knows everything I'm going through spiritually, emotionally and physically. I love the grace of Jesus Christ!!-as I rely on Him and as I patiently and diligently do what I can, His power is made manifest in my life, for which I am so grateful. He saves me every day. I know that the way to access the atonement fully in my life is through faith, repentance, making and keeping covenants, receiving the Holy Ghost daily and enduring to the end. This is the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so simple and just makes sense to me! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the Lord's kingdom on the earth! And I know that it's true! Every truth, doctrine, principle and ordinance has been restored to the earth in its fulness by a prophet of God. Joseph Smith was a young boy who sought truth. He received his answer and it changed with world. He was called to be the first prophet of this last dispensation- I have no doubt about it! Through him, the priesthood was restored and has been on the earth ever since. I know that Joseph Smith was lead to an ancient record of a people who lived thousands of years before who had all testified of and anxiously waited for Christ. That record is the Book of Mormon. I love reading it every day because it confirms to me that Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer. It clarifies the doctrines that are commonly misinterpreted in the Bible. I know the Book of Mormon is true because as I read, I find answers to the deep questions of my soul. I am grateful for the added love and guidance I receive not only through the Book of Mormon, but through a living prophet named President Thomas S. Monson. He receives specific revelation directly from Christ for our day to help us live the gospel in the world we live in. I have a strong testimony that through sacred ordinances and living covenants my family will be together forever- this knowledge touches my heart more than anything else! This is a gospel of love. God's plan of happiness is centered on love. I know He lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

I'll see you guys soon! I can't wait!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU!
Sister Anderson
Last picture with Elder Hernandez!  Yay!

Sister Gerber and Sister Liu

Sister Gerber

Sister Anderson and Sister Liu.  Hummmmm


Trip to Great Falls on P-Day


Guess they got the St. Patrick's Day package.  Just a little late!  Ha ha







Ran into other missionaries at Great Falls!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment