Thursday, April 2, 2015

March 23, 2015

This week was crazy. We've had a ton of appointmetns and it's been great to be busy! We helped Ashleigh finish moving into her new apartment and had a lot of help from the ward too- which was great. I feel confident leaving her in the hands of the ward. This really is a great ward. They help the missionaries out a ton and it's so great to feel so supported. Ashleigh isn't baptized yet, and I don't know when she'll be able to...she's had a lot happen in her life and she hasn't always made the best choices so that'll affect when she can get baptized. But we've been helping her prepare by reading the Book of Mormon with her as often as we can! It's been pretty fun. and the more we go over, her fiance asks more questions. I think his heart is beginning to soften. It may take years for him to get it, but I know he will one day.
 
We found a new investigator and had the best lesson ever with her and her roommate! Her name is Wanda and she's the choir director at the local high school. she's the "Mr. Shaw" of manassas. from what I hear, her choir is the BEST in the area and she's been teaching for a long long time. She knows lots of Mormons from her choir and was interested to hear what we had to say. We had a lesson with her after church on Sunday and she soaked in everything we said. We had her read the part about Joseph Wmith's
First Vision, and all she could do was sit there in awe and say "wow." over and over again for at least 10 minutes. We just sat there in silence and let the Spirit touch her heart as she thought really hard. It was so cool. she then told me that I should be a minister! Hahaha. It made me feel pretty good. But I know for a fact that the words that kept coming out of my mouth were from God and if they came from me, I'd be messing up all over the place! It was really exciting for me to teach the "famous" choir director of the high school! I kept thinking of Mr. Shaw! :)
 
We have another investigator named Shirley. She's an older African American woman who has been investigating the church for years. She just adores Sister Liu and it's really cute! She talks really slow all the time and every time she answers the phone she says, "Hoooow are youuu sister Liuuuuu?" in her cute accent. She's on date to be baptized for May 16th.
 
Oh our investigators named Ben and Julie dropped us. It was really sad. They said that they were going to keep their copies of the Book of Mormon, but for right now they weren't going to persue it any further. I was so so sad, that when I started talking to them about how much I loved them, I totally lost it. it was so embarrassing. We were standing outside all together on their front porch enjoying the sunshine, and out of nowhere, I turn into a bawl-baby. Nice. Haha. They were pretty cool about it though. I was so sad they dropped us because they're the first family I've found and taught on my mission! It was pretty cool though- they told us that the seed has been planted and that they would join when God told them the time was right. So we left them on a good note :)
 
I'm loving the Manassas 2nd Ward. It's kinda hard because I don't feel like I totally fit in, but it's okay at the same time because I know I need to prepare to go home. I'm getting exciting! We have our departing temple trip this Wednesday with all the missionaries going home and with President and Sister Riggs. so that will be awesome. I just can't wait to see everyone! Love you guys!!!
 
Love,
Sister Anderson
Sister Lui and Sister Anderson and a bird.

The Burbs!   Jared (their Dad) sent this in an email confirming Julie appointment with the stake.
Just thought I would throw this pic in!  Wow they are looking so grown up!!!

This is Ashleigh, the surprise person Julie ran into in the Manassas 2nd Ward.

Sis Liu

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment