Tuesday, August 12, 2014

July 7, 2014

Hello!
We had a weird preparation day, so we split up our emailing time. Sorry if that messed you up a little! 
This week was great! 
Our district meetings were bumped back to Wednesday because of our interviews with President. Sister Lamborn and I always laugh together and have so much fun! The elders made a snarky comment baout how we laugh too much. So we set a goal to NOT laugh the entire time we were around them in district meetings. Haha! It was SO hard! But we did it! I just made sure to hold my breath and not look at my companion!

But that night, the no laughing goal back fired. I laughed in my sleep for a good 20 minutes. Sister Lamborn said that it wasn't my normal laugh, so she quickly got her iPad and recorded me..... I was having a laugh attack! It was the craziest thing! On top of laughing in my sleep, I had a conversation with Siste rLamborn about how I was laughing because I fell out of a cookie tree...?? I don't remember any of it. Sister Lamborn told me that i wasn't allowed to restrain my laughter during the day ever again.
 
The fourth of July was okay. We were allowed to stay out later, but we had to be in our apartment at 10:30. President Riggs really wanted us to enjoy independence day since we're living in our nation's captial. He suggested finding a member to take us to the potomac river to watch fireworks, but haymarket/gainesville area is too far away from the potomac, so we stayed in our area. We went to a member's house where they have a dark wooded area that is covered in FIRE FLIES. I've never seen real fire flies in my life, and we always go in at 9 before it gets dark, so we decided to watch the fire flies. It was pretty cool. It reminded me of christmas lights! Other than that, I missed the Tumwater fireworks show and playing on the golf course. I'm grateful that I only have one 4th of july on my mission!! ;)

We've been doing pretty well finding investigators! When I first got to the area, we wiped out our teaching pool and started from ground zero. We have found 7 new investigators in the past three weeks! Woo!! They aren't very good at keeping their appointments, but I'm just grateful we have people to work with! 

Thanks for all the pictures! Looks like everyone is having fun!!!
I love you all! Have a great week! 
Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment